According to archival research and findings from a historical building survey, the dye-works was most likely established around the year 1705. It’s possible that an older building was previously located on the same site, although no proof of this yet exists.
The first documented owner and woad dyer was Joachim Patz. In 1762, the dye-works was purchased from the Patz family by Ignatz Leitenberger, a master dyer from Levín.
The workshop remained in the possession of his descendants until 1945 when the dyeing trade had ceased to exist. Following the year 1945, the building fell into a state of disrepair. In 2019, research of the preserved dyeing equipment was initiated by archaeologists from the non-profit organisation, Archaia Brno z. ú. . Their research is still ongoing, but a three-dimensional model of the surveyed space is currently in the process of being rendered.